M is a new business visa category from 1st Sept 2013, which is issued to foreigners coming for commercial and trade activities.
Requirements according to Chinese Embassy
1. Application form with two current passport size photographs with white background
2. Valid passport and a copy of information page.
3. One of following documents:
a. Invitation letter issued by the Chinese business or trade partner.
b. Invitation letter or confirmation letter of Invitation issued by duly authorized Chinese institutes or relevant units.
c. Invitation letter of Trade Fair.
d. Business License or Certificate approving the establishment of enterprise which shows the applicant as the enterprise’s investor or owner.
4. For application of a multiple entry M: copy of all previous Chinese visas (on one A-4 sized paper) should be attached.
5. Letter from Malaysia company with letterhead, register number, address, telephone number, stated reason to apply Business Visa or Multiple Entry Visa