I Am Going To Mainland China, Then To Hong Kong And Back To Mainland China For One Night. Does This Mean I Must Have A Double-Entry Visa?

Absolutely. Double-entry visa means you can enter into mainland of China twice within 180 days. Since you are going to the mainland of China twice, you must have a double-entry visa. Although being part of China, Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region.